Sunday, November 14, 2010

Light Painting!

This is my first attempt at Light Painting. I got inspired by Eric Curry and his light painting. http://americanprideandpassion.com/ Thanks to Landon Mathers, I was able to capture this image and video. We worked in the dark for 4-5 hours lighting each piece of this image. We even had fun and put ourselves in the photo. It took about 4 hours and 41 layers in photoshop to get the final image. Let me know what you think!

Light Painted Farm Scene


Light Painting a Farm Scene from Nicholas Leonard on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. This is off the chain!! Great work really paid off in the end, the finial image is amazing. I like the fact that you put together the video to go along with it. Very talented and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. What a great idea. The colors almost pop off the screen. Creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good. You might enjoy the work of Kevin Adams, a North Carolina photographer who combines light painting with astro-photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! You (and Landon) did an awesome job for trying this the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Nick.I want to help with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO SICK and SO inspiring!
    I've never seen light painting done like this before. Wow.
    Such a different look to the image that if you would have lit it any other way.
    I'm with Ashley... I want to help on the next one!

    ReplyDelete